Thursday, November 19, 2009

Downtown Bangor Art Walk tomorrow night




All the artists in my building are busy getting ready for the art walk. We clean our studios, hang new work, trip over debris in the hall. We have a lot of fun getting ready, but it is also a lot of work. I know, now that we have the art walk four times a year, my studio will get cleaned at least that many times. I still find myself resorting to a childhood trick, though, whenever I was made to clean my room, the closet door would get opened, and any bit of clutter would get stashed away. What is unfortunate for me now is just when I have found the everything that I stashed away, it's time to start all over again.
This is a painting I worked quite awhile ago. Originally it looked like the one on the bottom, but after studying it for an extended period of time, I decided that I wanted the foliage to be warmer. I like the second version better.

No comments:

Post a Comment